Great Neck, New York 11023 (516) 829-4048
Keys to Reading announces an exciting new program.
Keen Kids - Ages 4-5
Keen Kids is a reading, writing, spelling and comprehension program taught by Rhonda, Director of Keys to Reading, and is geared for Pre-K students.
Aligned with the Common Core State Standards, some of the prerequisite reading and writing skills taught to 4 year olds in the Keen Kids program are:
• Read his/her name
• Recite the alphabet
• Recognize some or all of the letters in the alphabet
• Correspond some or all letters with their correct sound
• Make rhymes
• Hold a book right side up with the spine on the left, front cover showing
• Recognize that the progression of the text is left to right, top to bottom
• Echo simple text that is read to them
• Recognize that text holds meaning
• Retell a favorite story
• Writing readiness
If your child is not quite steady in all of these areas, do not panic. Every child starts kindergarten at a different level and teachers already expect a huge variation in the skills each student brings. However, the benefit of attending our Keen Kids program is that your child will get a jump start into reading rather than gain these prerequisite skills toward the middle or the end of the kindergarten school year.
Please call Rhonda at (516) 829-4048 and/or email at KeystoReading@aol.com any further questions you may have regarding this exciting new innovative program.