Keys to Reading announces an exciting new program.
Teen Wizards - Ages 13-19
The Teen Wizards program is geared for ages 13-19. The Common Core asks students in this age range to read more complex text and literature. Students will be challenged and asked questions that push them to refer back to what they have read in a multitude of subject areas such as science and social studies. The Common Core stresses critical-thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills that are required for success in college, career and life. Director, Rhonda, has the professional expertise and vision to prepare adolescents for college and career success.
Aligned with the Common Core State Standards, some of the reading and writing goals emphasized in the Teen Wizards program (ages 13-19) are:
- Regular reading practice to cite strong textual evidence to support analysis of passages and text as well as inferences drawn from the text
- Vocabulary and grammar usage
- Understand and identify a theme or central idea
- Analyze how characters develop over the course of a text and/or advance the plot and theme of a story
- Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a passage or text
- Write effective arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence
- Write narratives to develop experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences
- Greater attention to literary nonfiction
The Teen Wizards program also provides one-on-one:
- Test-taking strategies in reading and writing
- Personally tailored lessons in ELA, PSAT, SAT and SAT exams
If your teenager is an average learner who needs extra reinforcement, or is struggling in reading or writing and exhibiting difficulties such as focusing on a task, following multiple directions and remembering facts, be proactive and call, Director, Rhonda. She will be happy to answer all your questions and provide an individualized plan tailored just for your teenager. Your adolescent will work in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Please call Rhonda at (516) 829-4048 and/or email at KeystoReading@aol.com any further questions you may have regarding this exciting new innovative program.